Workwear Manufacturers UK
H T Hughes is one of the longest established workwear manufacturers still manufacturing in the U.K.
H T Hughes also has offshore manufacturing capacity for production of larger bulk workwear orders.
We pride ourselves in manufacturing the highest quality overalls, workwear and protective clothing to your own specification, and you can rely on our experience to provide you with quality garments and a first class service. We are very experienced at working with our customers to both design and produce workwear and overalls to match the customer’s own bespoke requirements of colour, style and function. We also can add our own invaluable advice and experience to assist in choice of fabrics etc
We have an overseas workwear manufacturing capacity which uses quality fabrics and components and adheres to the same stringent specifications as our UK unit. Offshore clothing manufacture can result in considerable cost savings on larger volume workwear orders. This dual option approach assures you of the best available combination of quality and price. If you require a volume order of bespoke overalls to match your corporate colours or design, please contact our sales team at email@example.com for information.
As workwear manufacturers our business has grown through it’s high reputation and recommendation from customers, many of whom are household names. We are confident that once you become a customer the quality of our products and service will enable us to establish a valuable long term relationship which will further enhance our existing reputation.
We take our responsibilty to our employees extremely seriously, and also that of our suppliers. All of the clothing products which are manufactured under the hthughes.com and HammerTex Workwear label are manufactured in factories certified to SA8000 or are manufactured in the UK under our strict European labour laws. In addition to this we regularly monitor and inspect personally our supplier’s factories.
SA8000 is a global Social Accountability standard for decent working conditions, developed and overseen by Social Accountability International(SAI).
SA8000 covers the following areas of accountability:
- Child Labour: No workers under the age of 15; minimum lowered to 14 for countries operating under the ILO Convention 138 developing-country exception; remediation of any child found to be working
- Forced Labour: No forced labor, including prison or debt bondage labor; no lodging of deposits or identity papers by employers or outside recruiters
- Workplace Safety and Health: Provide a safe and healthy work environment; take steps to prevent injuries; regular health and safety worker training; system to detect threats to health and safety; access to bathrooms and potable water
- Freedom of Association and Right to Collective Bargaining: Respect the right to form and join trade unions and bargain collectively
- Discrimination: No discrimination based on race, caste, origin, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, union or political affiliation, or age; no sexual harassment
- Discipline: No corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion or verbal abuse
- Working hours: Comply with the applicable law but, in any event, no more than 48 hours per week with at least one day off for every seven day period; voluntary overtime paid at a premium rate and not to exceed 12 hours per week on a regular basis; overtime may be mandatory if part of a collective bargaining agreement
- Remuneration: Wages paid for a standard work week must meet the legal and industry standards and be sufficient to meet the basic need of workers and their families; no disciplinary deductions
- Management system for Human Resources: Facilities seeking to gain and maintain certification must go beyond simple compliance to integrate the standard into their management systems and practices.
Classic Workwear Polo ShirtFrom £2.70 (inc. VAT) View Product
Kids Overalls – Agri StyleFrom £18.00 View Product
Proban Oulton Race Suit Class 1£18.00 (inc. VAT) View Product
Europa Reflective Overalls – Elasticated CuffsFrom £34.32 (inc. VAT) View Product
Europa Boilersuit Overalls – Elasticated CuffsFrom £27.84 (inc. VAT) View Product
HammerTex Workwear SweatshirtFrom £10.03 (inc. VAT) View Product
Agri II Style OverallsFrom £33.00 (inc. VAT) View Product